Crispy oyster mushroom chips are on the menu. Low in carbs and high in flavour these are exactly the sort of quick healthy treat that my family never tire of munching on.
We hit the jackpot with this crunchiest mushroom chip recipe we’ve ever tried. In our house we like to eat a low carb, paleo diet as much as possible so potato chips and traditional grain based crackers are off the menu. You could imagine how much we miss that familiar crunch. I’ve made my fair share of almond and seed crackers but these oyster mushroom chips really hit the spot like nothing else.
This low carb oyster mushroom chip recipe is extremely filling thanks to the high chitin content making them a deeply satisfying snack. These lasts for up to a week in a sealed container.
- 500 grams of oyster mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Additional herbs and spices as desired
- Preheat the over to 150 degree celsius.
- In a large bowl add the olive oil and seasonings.
- Use the whole mushroom stem and all so as not to waste anything. Place them in the bowl and give it a gentle toss with both hands as to not damage the mushrooms too much.
- Place them on a large baking tray lined with baking paper and leave in the over for 1 – 2 hours or until crisp to perfection.
Oyster Mushroom Chip Nutrition
The best part about these is that they are low in carbs and high in protein ensuring that you stay full while consuming all the benefits of mushrooms. Fungi produce unique antioxidants which are of great value to our bodies and should be incorporated into the diet where possible. For most of history we consumed these compounds via the plants grown in myceliated soil but now with the wide-spread industrial farming practices we are missing out on these wonderful antioxidant and antiviral compounds.
100% Pure Lions Mane Extract: Unlike most other mushroom supplement brands in the market that use mycelium (mushroom root system grown on grain), Real Mushrooms’ lions mane extract powder is made from 100% real mushroom, handpicked by experts with over 40 years of mushroom growing experience. This ensures that all our lions mane supplements contain no fillers, no grains, and no additives